• Supported by The University of Alabama’s Crossroads Community Center, Critical Language Center, and Center for Community-Based Partnerships and by Tuscaloosa’s One Place.
• Conducts Chinese and Japanese culture lessons, hands-on activities, field trips and pen-pal programs.
• Provides multicultural learning experiences for elementary children.
• Connects international students with American culture.
• Engages elementary children and university students in intercultural learning.
Number of Participants Served: January 2013-May 2015 = 6,139
Number of Contact Hours: January 2013-May 2015 = 9,542
GET INVOLVED TODAY!
Volunteer opportunities include:
Activity Assistants Assist with weekly culture workshops in elementary schools. Instructors: Teach intercultural workshops using Heart Touch lesson plans.
Research Assistants Collect and analyze data.
Managers Recruit volunteers, manage volunteer database, and coordinate communication for one elementary school.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!